Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ:JMBA), a leading healthy, active lifestyle company, has been named for a second year as one of the Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers. The Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times, in collaboration with Healthiest Employers®, a research company focused on wellness, recognized Jamba Juice® on for their innovation and leadership in employee wellness programs.
“Jamba Juice strives to promote a healthy, active lifestyle in all that we do as a Company,” said James D. White, Chairman, President, and CEO, Jamba Juice Company. “We are exceptionally proud to be among the handful of Bay Area organizations being recognized for their active pursuit of employee health and well-being.”
In addition to being recognized for innovative and engaging employee wellness programs, Jamba® was recognized with a Silver Award at the 2012 Health at Work™ Awards sponsored by ComPsych® Corporation. The Health at Work program recognizes organizations that promote employee health and wellness. Winners were selected based on their wellness program’s comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates, and results achieved.
Jamba has been inspiring and simplifying healthy living for over 22 years and offers Company employees access to a broad range of innovative benefits including:
- An employee stock option program (ESOP);
- A CEO Health Challenge program that rewards participants with discounts on health care benefits;
- Access to employee fit teams and sponsorship of employee teams at various events like the San Francisco Marathon®, the Rock N’ Roll Marathon Series®, and the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge®;
- Telecommuting options to alleviate the stresses associated with daily commuting;
- An orientation website to help onboard new employees quickly;
- An intranet site dedicated to employee training, recognition, and engagement;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Paid time off eligibility for volunteer activities;
- A pay for performance program with semi-annual bonus eligibility;
- An employee discount meal program;
- Access to a variety of personal services at a discounted rate;
- A dedicated lactation lounge for working mothers;
- Access to locker/shower facilities at Jamba’s HQ building;
- Secure, indoor bicycle storage and commuter discount programs for alternate vehicle commuters.