Shares of the Menlo Park, Calif.-based company had rallied recently thanks to a number of catalysts, including a new advertising platform.
The social networking phenomenon was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 965,572.
Shares of Apple slipped 2.15% to $685.01 as investors responded negatively to the company's announcement of 5 million iPhone 5 sales over the weekend. The eagerly anticipated smartphone hit retail stores on Friday.The tech giant, which continues to battle with Samsung over a recent $1 billion jury verdict, was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 218,639. Micron Technology (MU), which reports its fourth-quarter results after market close on Thursday, fell 2.04% to $6.23. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Micron to report a loss of 22 cents a share on revenue of $2.12 billion. In a note released on Monday, Nomura Securities said that it remains cautious heading into Micron's earnings. "Micron's stock tends to be 'penalized' more for PC weakness than it is 'rewarded' for flash memory strength," wrote Nomura analyst Romit Shah. "Until both businesses are on the upswing, we would stay on the sideline." Sirius XM (SIRI) shares were unchanged at $2.54 in premarket trading on share volume of 108,071. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV