FREMONT, Calif., Sept. 24, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oplink Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPLK), a leading provider of photonic telecommunications components, intelligent modules and subsystem solutions, today announced the addition of its mobile interactive business division and introduction of its new security and safety system for homes and businesses.
Leveraging its in-house design and integration expertise in conjunction with mobile cloud software development, Oplink is building Smartphone-centric security service applications for the high growth home and business markets. Integrating Smartphones, Tablets, wireless security sensors, IPCAMs and network storage devices, Oplink's patent-pending plug-n-play mobile cloud solutions offer Smartphones' users on-the-go real time protection and monitoring. Oplink's software-centric Smartphone Owner Protection service provides many innovative features that aim to replace the legacy "central station call service" over time. These patent-pending plug-n-play solution-in-a-box systems will come in different packages with different numbers of IPCAMs, wireless sensors, controllers, and storage options. Oplink will also offer a 3G/4G dongle and back-up battery option, to ensure continued service during power or Internet outages.
Oplink intends to sell through its web store initially and co-sale with wireless carriers later for both products and services. Product pre-launch details will be available at http://www.oplink.com/mi ."We are excited to introduce these software-centric, mass-merchandisable security solutions-in-boxes for home and business," commented Joe Liu, Chairman & CEO of Oplink. "Our mobile cloud offers multiple A/V alerts to unlimited emergency contacts, and supports multiple video viewing at different locations at once. We are pleased to officially announce our entrance into this big and growing market with this initiative, and look forward to capitalizing on this opportunity with our innovative solutions." Oplink will be showcasing these solutions at the following tradeshows:
- 2012 CCA Booth #104 in Las Vegas on September 24, 2012
- 2012 MobileCon Booth #935 in San Diego on October 8, 2012
- 2012 ISC East Booth #1827 in NYC on October 30, 2012
- 2013 CES Booth # 61012 in Las Vegas on January 8, 2013
- 2013 CeBIT in Hannover, Germany on March 5, 2013
CONTACT: Investor Relations: Erica Abrams 415-217-5864 firstname.lastname@example.org Matthew Hunt 415-489-2194 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV