BELLEVUE, Wash., Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Expedia.com®, the world's leading online travel site, today announced that the company plans to honor the end of the Mayan calendar cycle with savings throughout the Mayan world. More than 100 hotels throughout Cancun, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Merida, Guatemala, Belize and El Salvador are offering up to 40% off of travel, from today through March 2013, in areas where travelers can explore Mayan ruins.
In addition, 11 hotels are offering exclusive $0 rates on December 21, 2012, the date that the ancient Mayan Long Count calendar identifies as the end of an era that would reset the date to zero. Hotels include:
- Gran Melia Cancun
- Intercontinental Presidente Cancun Resort
- GR Solaris Cancun & Spa – All Inclusive
- Hyatt Regency Cancun
- Villa del Palmar Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort and Spa All Inclusive
- Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa All Inclusive
- Flamingo Cancun Resort
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun All Inclusive
- GR Caribe By Solaris Deluxe All Inclusive Resort
"The Mayan region has always been a fascinating destination, but interest is up this year for reasons that might be obvious. In fact, travel to this part of the world is up over 10% this year over last," said Joe Megibow, Vice President and General Manager, Expedia.com. "Given that this might be the last chance to see this great destination, we thought we would make it easier to get there, by introducing some amazing sale prices. We do realize you're not going to have much use for the money you've saved if the world actually does end, but either way, those savings are yours to keep."In addition, Expedia also announced the launch of their fall promotion. Now through October 1, 2012, travelers who book on Expedia.com can save on hundreds of hotels. As part of the sale, Expedia® Rewards members and non-members can register to earn double points on all hotels and vacation packages. About Expedia Expedia.com is the world's leading online travel site, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com ( http://www.expedia.com/, 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, rental cars, resorts, cruises and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps. With the Expedia Best Price Guarantee, Expedia.com customers can get the best rates available online for all types of travel. Whether you want to relax in Cape Cod, sail in Lake Tahoe or swim in Tahiti, we know every trip and every traveler is unique and we want to help you Find Yours™. Expedia, Expedia.com and the Airplane logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. © 2012 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST # 2029030-50
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV