CHICAGO, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Old Republic International Corporation (NYSE: ORI) today announced that its flagship mortgage guaranty subsidiary, Republic Mortgage Insurance Company ("RMIC"), had received a Notice of Hearing from the North Carolina Department of Insurance ("NCDOI"). The Hearing is scheduled for October 16, 2012, and its purpose is to enable stakeholders to consider a revised Corrective Plan ("the Plan") submitted by RMIC on September 14, 2012, as required by the NCDOI Commissioner's Summary Order ("the Order") dated January 19, 2012. The Hearing has also been scheduled to determine whether the Summary Order should be modified and extended, whether the original deferred payment claim obligation structure established by the NCDOI should be changed, and whether the Plan should be approved and incorporated into the Summary Order. In substance, RMIC's Corrective Plan seeks to accomplish the following major objectives:
- To increase the cash portion of all settled claims to 60% from the current 50%. As a consequence the Deferred Payment Obligation ("DPO") retained in claim reserves would be reduced to 40% from the current 50% level.
- To authorize RMIC to execute the DPO-based run-off plan under ORI's ownership and NCDOI supervision of RMIC to assure the most efficient and economically sound realization of ultimate benefits to policyholders.
- To ensure the continued operation of RMIC under supervision during such future period of time as necessary to accomplish the above objectives.
The Notice of Hearing, an Executive Summary from a report submitted to the NCDOI by an actuarial firm retained by it, and RMIC's Corrective Plan dated September 14, 2012 have been posted on both RMIC's and ORI's web-sites. It is our current understanding that the NCDOI's final decision in regards to the Plan, Order, and DPO should be announced shortly after the aforementioned Hearing date.
Conference Call Information
Old Republic has scheduled a conference call at
10:30 a.m. EDT (
9:30 a.m. CDT) today, to discuss this News Release. To access this call, please log on to the Company's website at
www.oldrepublic.com 15 minutes before the call to download the necessary software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV