Miami Tower, an iconic symbol of the city, makes a dramatic new statement in the downtown skyline with the recent adoption of a state-of-the-art exterior LED lighting system. The advanced LED system will reduce related lighting energy usage by 92 percent, save tenants and the building’s owner nearly $260,000 per year in energy and related operating costs, and reduce CO2 emissions by more than 1.2 million pounds. The cutting-edge LED lighting will also allow custom light shows at the push of a button in support of tenants, holidays, civic and charitable groups, and other organizations looking to promote or commemorate special events, further cementing the building’s status as an icon on the Miami skyline.
Miami Tower rises 47 stories and offers 623,000 square feet of commercial space. The team of Jones Lang LaSalle, Philips Color Kinetics and LED Source identified the optimal LED lighting solution based on long-term operational savings and the fact that it reflected the commitment to advanced technology by LaSalle Investment Management, the building’s owner.
“This significant upgrade is just one of several projects planned at Miami Tower,” said Ty Spearing, managing director at LaSalle Investment Management. “Miami Tower has always been an iconic, easy-access downtown tower. Our goal is to re-establish Miami Tower as a leader in technology, architecture and design, environmental sustainability, and on-site amenities; all of which Miami’s top tenants demand.”
The installation team replaced 382 metal halide lights that consumed 1,000 watts each and were limited to only a few static colors, with 216 ultra-modern LED fixtures able to produce 16 million colors and hundreds of dynamic lighting effects. The system is managed by a software application that allows operators to change the tower lighting at a keystroke and virtually in real-time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV