ANN ARBOR, Mich., Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The recognized world leader in pizza delivery is taking its biggest step since reinventing its hand-tossed pizza nearly three years ago. Domino's Pizza (NYSE:DPZ) today debuts its brand new Handmade Pan Pizza, taking aim at offering the best tasting pan pizza available by giving consumers what they have asked for: a crispy golden crust with a great buttery taste – and most importantly, handmade from fresh, never-frozen dough.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/58105-dominos-launches-pan-pizza/
"There is a standard out there for pan pizza that we realized could be better," said Patrick Doyle, Domino's Pizza president and chief executive officer. "The reason most people buy a pan pizza is for the crust, and that key component should be fresh, never frozen. But what we think ultimately doesn't matter; I'd encourage customers to taste for themselves."Domino's is making a grand entrance into pan pizza – a category that makes up one in every five pizzas sold in the U.S. today. In addition to launching the product today in all of its nearly 5,000 stores in the U.S., Domino's will begin a national television campaign on Oct. 1 to promote its Handmade Pan Pizza. The campaign will offer medium two-topping Handmade Pan Pizzas for $7.99 each, giving fans and consumers a value-inspired way to try it and see how it stacks up versus the pan pizza competition. "We are proud of the way we have continued to expand and reinvent our menu, and it is safe to say Domino's has not been this excited about a new product since the change to our hand-tossed pizza," said Doyle. "Similar to that, the creation of our Handmade Pan Pizza has been driven by customers telling us how we can continue to improve and become the best."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV