W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced that Alejandro Jiménez has been promoted to presidente ejectutivo of W. R. Berkley Insurance (Europe), Limited Sucursal en España (W. R. Berkley España) reporting directly to Stuart Wright, chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Insurance (Europe), Limited (WRBIEL). The appointment was effective September 1, 2012. Sr. Jiménez succeeds Javier Esteban, who served in the role of presidente ejecutivo from December 1, 2009 to September 1, 2012.
William R. Berkley, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Corporation, said: “We thank Javier for his outstanding contributions to W. R. Berkley España and are delighted that he has agreed to continue working with W. R. Berkley Corporation as a consultant and to join the Board of WRBIEL in the near future as a non-executive director, subject to regulatory approval. We are also very pleased that Alejandro has agreed to take on this important leadership role and look forward to working closely with him as we continue to build our business in Spain.”
W. R. Berkley España, based in Madrid, Spain, is a leading provider of malpractice coverage for doctors and private hospitals and other insurance services throughout Spain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV