NEW YORK -- Caterpillar (CAT), the heavy equipment company, said Monday it was taking a measured view of the global economy over the next few years.
Caterpillar, a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, provided a forecast for earnings of $12 to $18 a share in 2015 on sales ranging from $80 billion to $100 billion.
Analysts forecast a profit of $14.99 a share in 2015 on revenue of $97.13 billion.
"There are a number of geopolitical and economic factors driving uncertainty in the world today, but our base case scenario calls for modest global economic growth over the next few years," said Doug Oberhelman, the company's chairman and CEO, in a statement, also calling this "a reasonable view and the most likely outcome."
Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer is expected to unveil her strategy Tuesday for turning around the struggling Internet giant. Reports said Mayer will probably focus on search and ad technology. What Will Mayer's Yahoo! Strategy Be Tuesday?
Red Hat (RHT), the software maker, on Monday came in a penny short of Wall Street's profit expectations for its fiscal second quarter. Red Hat Shares Slump After Penny Miss
Paychex (PAYX), the payroll processor, on Monday posted fiscal first-quarter earnings that narrowly topped analysts' estimates.
Jabil Circuit (JBL), a provider of electronics manufacturing services, is expected by analysts Tuesday to report fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 58 cents a share in the August-ended quarter on revenue of $4.22 billion.
Other companies reporting results on Tuesday include Carnival (CCL), FactSet Research Systems (FDS) and Vail Resorts (MTN).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV