ITASCA, Ill., Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Acumus Limited in Chelmsford, England. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Acumus Limited is a retail insurance broker that provides risk consulting and insurance services exclusively for the U.K. housing association sector. They offer their clients a broad range of risk services, from detailed assessments of key risk areas such as liability, flood, fraud and health & safety, to company-wide risk health checks. Huw Thomas, Mark Evans and their associates will continue to trade as Acumus and operate from their current location as part of Gallagher Heath, Gallagher's London-based retail insurance broker.
"We continue to find outstanding U.K. partners that will add depth and help strengthen our London operations," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "The highly experienced team at Acumus will be a strong addition to our public sector practice and an excellent complement to our Gallagher Heath operations. We're extremely pleased to welcome Huw, Mark and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 17 countries and offers client service capabilities in more than 110 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 / email@example.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV