This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Canaccord Financial Inc. Announces Reduction To Canadian Wealth Management Platform

Refocusing efforts to service clients in major Canadian centres

Initiative should significantly enhance the performance of the division

TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Canaccord Financial Inc. (TSX: CF, LSE: CF., 'the Company', 'Canaccord') announces that it is accelerating its strategy to improve the performance of its Canadian wealth management division.  As a result, Canaccord is closing sixteen underperforming branches and refocusing its operations in major centres across Canada.  The consolidation of branches will allow Canaccord to better service its private clients by concentrating its support resources and capital investments in client service activities in its key markets.  This initiative will improve the operating results of this business and will ensure our capital investments in the business will be targeted to regions we see the most opportunity to grow our market share. Sixteen Canaccord Wealth Management branches will continue to serve our valued clients in fourteen cities across Canada.

In addition to the branch consolidation, Canaccord reduced the number of Advisors at its sixteen core locations by approximately 35 Advisory Teams as part of its high-grading strategy. Once this initiative is complete, Canaccord will have approximately 180 Investment Advisory teams across Canada.

Canaccord Wealth Management will continue to offer a full suite of investment and wealth planning services to clients, through both traditional transactional brokerage activities and more comprehensive wealth management solutions.  The business provides a personalized approach to clients' specific wealth management needs, catering largely to the expectations of professionals, business owners, affluent investors and family trusts through focused expertise in wealth, tax, estate and charitable planning.

As of June 30, 2012, $13.1 billion of client assets were administered by Canaccord's Canadian wealth management division.  Of this, only 16% was accounted for by the sixteen branches scheduled to close.  The sixteen branches remaining open accounted for 84%.

"This initiative will allow us to make additional investments in markets where we see the most opportunity for future growth," said John Rothwell, President of Canaccord Wealth Management ( Canada). "We can better cater to the needs of our clients through an elite team of Investment Advisors who have demonstrated their abilities to generate meaningful value for our clients, foster long-term client relationships and an enhanced client experience."

After these branch reductions, it is expected Canaccord Wealth Management will operate on a near break-even basis in current market conditions. All branches remaining open have the capabilities to be consistently profitable and Canaccord is committed to their continued success and growth.

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 16,776.43 +304.06 1.85%
S&P 500 1,987.05 +35.69 1.83%
NASDAQ 4,781.2640 +73.4890 1.56%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs