[video] 10 Most Expensive NFL Stadium Beers
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Another NFL season, another year of beer-drinking football fans being sacked for a loss.
NFL fans who actually leave their flatscreens, sofas and DirecTV's (DTV) NFL Sunday Ticket behind to attend games this year will find themselves blitzed from all sides. The league's average ticket price jumped 2.5%, to more than $78, according to Team Marketing Report. The average cost to take a family of four to a game, park, have a beer, hot dog and soda and go home with a program and a cap jumped 4%, to $443.93. That includes beer prices that jumped from an average of 42 cents an ounce last year to 43 cents an ounce this year.
If you live outside of Ohio and Tampa, Fla. -- where beer prices at home games of the Cleveland Browns ($5 for 16 ounces), Cincinnati Bengals ($5 for 12 ounces) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($5.75 for 16 ounces) rank among the lowest in the league -- be prepared to pay a minimum of $6 per beer at the stadium this year. With help from NFL concessionaires Aramark, Delaware North and Centerplate and Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, we found the Top 10 beer prices in the league and the teams hosing their fans for suds:
10. Tie: St. Louis Rams/Baltimore Ravens
Price of a small draft beer: $8 for 20 ounces
Price per ounce: 40 cents
When beer's as much a part of the city's heritage as it is in St. Louis, it can serve as a direct route to citizens' hearts and minds. Since the Rams haven't made the playoffs since 2004, haven't had a winning record since 2003 and have had three wins or less in four of the past five seasons, its demand that the city pay hundreds of millions of dollars for a promised stadium can seem a bit insensitive. Dropping average ticket prices by 2% and dropping the price of beer by a buck without shrinking the size of the cup are savvy PR moves by a team that clearly knows its key demographic.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV