HENDERSON, Nev. ( TheStreet) -- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) and TopoTarget are collaborating on the development of the lymphoma drug belinostat, but the partners aren't on the same page over the outcome a pivotal study -- yet.
On Friday morning, TopoTarget, a Danish drug firm, announced that the primary endpoint had been meet for the belinostat phase II trial for patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL).
Spectrum, however, chose not to participate in TopoTarget's announcement. Instead, Spectrum filed an 8-K Friday evening, characterizing the belinostat study results as "preliminary" and said a definitive verdict wouldn't be determined until final data are collected and analyzed at the end of the fourth quarter.
"Our conservatism makes us more cautious than TopoTarget," said Shiv Kapoor, Spectrum's vice president for strategic planning and investor relations, in an email. "Although we are more optimistic about the final results of the trial, we want to wait until final results to confirm whether we met the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV