WASHINGTON, Sept. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota today served as presenting sponsor of the District of Columbia's largest Latino Festival— Fiesta DC – further demonstrating its commitment to the Latino community. With more than 100,000 attendees, Fiesta DC featured five stages incorporating music, folklore, theater, and other performing arts. In addition, the event included a Children's Festival, a Science Fair, a Community-Based Organization Information Fair, a Diplomatic Pavilion for embassies and consulates and sections for arts & crafts, public information and international cuisine. This flagship event brought together community leaders, social media and technology influencers, educators, government officials and others to celebrate the contributions of the U.S. Latino community.
As the exclusive automotive sponsor, Toyota engaged participants with activities aimed to showcase its revolutionary safety program for Hispanic families, Buckle-Up for Life ( BUFL), and displayed some of the best-selling Toyota models in the Hispanic market.
Other Toyota activities included:
- an interactive photo booth providing official photos for Fiesta DC;
- seat belt and child car seat safety information and giveaways;
- and opportunities to interact with the popular Toyota RAV4 and Camry.
Toyota also is kicking off Hispanic Heritage Month ( September 15 to October 15) with the launch of @ToyotaLatino on Twitter. The new handle will provide the company opportunities to highlight and celebrate the community, engage at live events such as Fiesta DC and share more vehicle information with owners and enthusiasts."Fiesta DC has a 41-year history of highlighting the diversity of the Latin American culture," said Julie Hamp, Toyota's North American chief communications officer. "Toyota is honored to celebrate this event and Latino heritage during Hispanic Heritage Month and beyond." Since 2004, Toyota has been the leading automotive brand among the U.S. Latino community. Data indicates nearly one of six Latino buyers choose a Toyota when purchasing a car or truck, the highest of any brand. Toyota brands make up more than half of all U.S. hybrid purchases by Latinos.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV