By Paul Elias
SAN FRANCISCO -- Neither side in a bitter patent battle is satisfied with Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) $1 billion jury verdict over Samsung Electronics after a three-week trial this summer.
Samsung wants a new trial. Apple is seeking an additional $707 million in damages and interest.
The two companies filed a blizzard of legal papers late Friday and early Saturday with their demands that a federal judge in San Jose significantly amend -- or toss out altogether -- the jury's Aug. 24 verdict.The jury found that 26 Samsung products ripped off Apple's technology at the heart of its iPhones and iPads. U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh has scheduled a Dec. 6 hearing to discuss the myriad issues raised by both companies. Samsung says it will appeal if Koh turns down its demands. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV