Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Sep 22, 2012 | 04:03 PM EDT
Tech Is Treacherous Posted at 1:33 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Sept. 19 Get me some tech! I need new names here! That used to be the war cry I had at my old shop every September because I wanted to play the annual seasonal trade in this huge part of the S&P 500. What hasn't moved yet? What has lagged, and what is about to play catch-up? Give me some merchandise! Suffice it to say that those screams for new ideas aren't working any more. Tech is more treacherous than I have ever seen it and not because of potential shortfalls. It is treacherous because it feels like tech as we know it is going away. This morning's downgrade of the semiconductor equipment sector is just one more nail in the coffin of the traditional places to run to if you want to own some tech to participate in the annual love fest. Nobody wants to own stocks of companies that pump out expensive machines that make chips for customers who are frantically trying to cut their equipment budgets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV