, Sept. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Internet Marketing Association (IMA), at its 2012 IMA Conference and Impact Awards event, today announced the availability of its new Certified Internet Marketer (CIM) professional certification program. This online certification program will provide participants with the foundational Internet marketing education needed to succeed in today's fast-changing online business environment.
With more than 750,000 members, IMA is one of the fastest growing professional organizations in the world and encompasses a wide spectrum of educated professionals in business ownership, senior management, sales, marketing, programming, creative development and related fields.
"One of the critical aspects of a thriving industry is an educated workforce," stated IMA Founder and Chairman
. "The IMA takes this responsibility very seriously and has invested in this certification program to provide unparalleled Internet marketing education directly to our members."
course, scheduled to debut on
is open to IMA members as well as non-members and will generate the equivalent of 1.5 continuing education units based on the 15-plus hours of course content and participation.
The certification course is divided into six lesson areas, culminating in a final exam to certify Internet marketing knowledge, including:
- Overview of Internet Marketing: The broad array of digital marketing including social media, mobile marketing, and online analytics
- Online Acquisition: Search marketing, display advertising, search engine optimization
- Online Conversion: Site personalization, online A/B and multivariate testing, content targeting, dynamic recommendations
- Online Retention: Email marketing, online surveys, voice of customer (VOC) strategies
- Online Analytics & Measurement: Measuring website performance with digital analytics, business goals and standard metrics to consider, tactics for telling "stories" with data to drive better online business decisions
- Data-Driven Marketing: Creating a culture and decision-making practices based on data, developing closed-loop marketing strategies and programs
Participants will learn from experienced Internet marketing practitioners. These practitioners draw from decades of combined Internet marketing experience at pioneering companies such as Microsoft, Omniture, Adobe, Foresee, Ancestry.com and others. The roster of instructors includes both senior marketing leaders as well as a published author on web analytics who share their expertise to provide program participants with highly sought-after information delivered with the ease and convenience of an online learning platform.