Global X Funds To Liquidate 4 ETFs
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Global X Funds, the New York-based provider of exchange-traded funds (ETFs), today announced the scheduled liquidation of the following Global X Funds ETFs:
- Global X Aluminum ETF (NYSE: ALUM)
- Global X Auto ETF (NYSE: VROM)
- Global X NASDAQ 500 ETF (NASDAQ: QQQV)
- Global X NASDAQ 400 Mid Cap ETF (NASDAQ: QQQM)
The Funds combined represent less than 1% of the assets of the Global X Funds. The Board of Trustees of Global X Funds unanimously determined on September 20, 2012 that it was in the best interests of the Funds and their shareholders to liquidate each of the Funds.
The Funds will cease trading at the end of the trading day on October 18, 2012 and will liquidate on October 26, 2012. Any person holding shares in the Funds as of the liquidation date of October 26, 2012 will receive a cash distribution equal to the net asset value of their shares as of that date. Global X Management Company, LLC, the adviser to the Funds, will bear all fees and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the liquidation of the Funds and the distribution of cash proceeds to investors, other than brokerage fees and expenses.For additional information about the liquidation, shareholders of the Funds may call 1-888-GX-FUND-1 (1.888.493.8631).
ABOUT GLOBAL X FUNDS
Global X Funds is a New York-based provider of exchange-traded funds that facilitates access to investment opportunities across the global markets. With $1.45 billion in managed assets and over 100,000 investors from more than 100 countries as of September 19, 2012, Global X Funds currently offers exchange-traded funds that target Commodity Producers, International, Domestic, Alternatives, Industry, Income, and Asset Allocation fund suites. For more information, please visit www.globalxfunds.com. DISCLOSURE
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV