NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG), today announced the successful early tender results of its previously announced cash tender offer for any and all of its outstanding 7.375% senior notes due 2017 (the “2017 Notes”). The tender offer includes a concurrent consent solicitation respecting indenture amendments that would significantly modify and remove certain restrictive covenants in the indenture governing the 2017 Notes. The table below sets forth the results of the tender offer and consent solicitation for the 2017 Notes, according to information provided by the depositary, as of the early tender and consent deadline of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on September 21, 2012.
|Title of Notes||CUSIP Number||
Amount of NotesTendered andConsented
ApproximatePercentage of NotesTendered andConsented
|7.375% Senior Notes due 2017||629377AX0||$1,090,000,000||$819,651,000||75.20%|
Based on such tenders and separate consents delivered, the proposed amendments have been approved. The 2017 Notes that remain outstanding after the consummation of the tender offer and consent solicitation will not have the benefit of certain provisions presently in the indenture governing the 2017 Notes, possibly increasing the investment risks associated with the notes and making them less attractive as an investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV