BRISBANE, Calif., Sept. 21, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cutera, Inc. (Nasdaq:CUTR), a leading provider of laser and other energy based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide, today announced that Michael Karavitis, Ph.D., has recently joined the Company as Vice President of Research and Development.
Kevin Connors, President and CEO of Cutera stated, "We are excited to have Michael leading our research and development efforts. Prior to joining Cutera, Michael led a team of engineers and scientists at various successful early to mid-stage companies, including LenSx (acquired by Alcon), Newport Corporation and Intralase Corporation (acquired by Advanced Medical Optics). He holds multiple patents and is the author of several publications in the fields ranging from laser science to biotechnology. Michael will be succeeding Len DeBenedictis, who decided to leave the Company to pursue other personal interests."
Mr. Connors added, "We are confident that with Michael's leadership we will continue our history of introducing innovative solutions for the aesthetics market. In August 2012, we commenced shipments of our truSculpt product and we plan to continue investing in our research and development activities."About Cutera, Inc. Brisbane, California-based Cutera is a leading provider of laser and other light-based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide. Since 1998, Cutera has been developing innovative, easy-to-use products that enable physicians and other qualified practitioners to offer safe and effective aesthetic treatments to their patients. For more information, call 1-888-4CUTERA or visit www.cutera.com.
CONTACT: Cutera, Inc. Ron Santilli Chief Financial Officer 415-657-5500 Investor Relations John Mills Integrated Corporate Relations, Inc. 310-954-1105 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV