SHOP ‘N SAVE, a food and pharmacy retailer serving the St. Louis metropolitan area and Central Illinois, is teaming up with Del Monte Foods, the St. Louis Area Foodbank and other community allies to urge customers to “Lend a CAN” to combat hunger.
The program, which will benefit hungry people and pets, will be in SHOP ‘N SAVE stores from Sept. 23-Oct. 13. During that time, select schools in the St. Louis metropolitan area will also participate in “Lend a CAN” by hosting food drives. Proceeds raised will benefit the St. Louis Area Foodbank and Five Acres Animal Shelter, the only no-kill animal shelter in St. Charles County, Mo.
“We are excited about our involvement with the ‘Lend a CAN’ campaign,” said SHOP ‘N SAVE President Marlene Gebhard. “As a grocery retailer, providing hunger relief is very important to us, so we are pleased to have this opportunity to help those in need, including beloved pets.”
Signs at SHOP ‘N SAVE stores will encourage customers to donate canned goods and pet food at participating metro-area schools, which will be collecting the items for the Foodbank and the animal shelter respectively. Shoppers can visit www.stlfoodbank.org and click on the “Lend a CAN” icon, followed by the “Register Your School” link, for a list of participating schools. The school that collects the most pounds of food will receive $2,500. Five second-place schools will each receive $1,000.“Nearly 40 percent of individuals receiving food assistance from the Foodbank are under the age of 18,” said Frank Finnegan, president and CEO of the St. Louis Area Foodbank. “The ‘Lend a CAN’ food drive is a great way for kids to help other kids. It teaches them to give back to those less fortunate and gives them an opportunity to help their school at the same time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV