8 Stocks Soaring Higher With Big Volume
Avago Technologies (AVGO) is a designer, developer and global supplier of a range of analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products. This stock is trading up 5.8% at $35.73 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.7 millionAverage Volume: 1.8 million Volume % Change: 254% From a technical perspective, AVGO is bouncing to the upside here right off its 200-day moving average of $34.36 with above-average volume. Shares of AVGO have also started to flirt with its 50-day moving average of $35.74 today. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AVGO once it manages to trigger its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once AVGO clears some near-term overhead resistance levels at $36.83 to $37.88 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above 1,832,270 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AVGO will have a great chance to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $39.22 to $39.45. On the flip side, I would avoid AVGO or look for short-biased trades if it fails to trigger that breakout, and then drops back below some near-tem support levels at $33.22 to $32.14 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV