8 Stocks Soaring Higher With Big Volume
Michael Kors (KORS) is a designer, marketer, distributor and retailer of women's apparel and accessories and men's apparel bearing the Michael Kors name. This stock is trading up 6% at $55.68 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.2 millionAverage Volume: 3.1 million Volume % Change: 248% Shares of KORS are ripping higher today after it hiked its fiscal second-quarter and full-year earnings estimates after posting an increase in quarter-to-date comparable store sales. From a technical perspective, KORS is gapping up sharply higher here with monster volume. This move is quickly pushing KORS within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once KORS manages to clear its all-time high of $56.70 with high volume. At last check, KORS has hit an intraday high of $56.63 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 3.1 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as KORS is trending above today's low of $54.40, and then once it sustains a move or close above $56.70 with volume that's near or above 3.1 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then KORS will have a great chance of hitting $60 to $70. Keep in mind that if KORS triggers that breakout, then the stock will enter all-time high territory, which is bullish technical price action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV