Background: Walgreen is a national retail pharmacy chain and considered the leader in innovative drug-store retailing. Walgreen trades an average of seven million shares per day with a market cap of $33 billion.
52-Week Range: $28.53 - $36.85Walgreen is anticipated to record lower fourth-quarter earnings before the market opens on Friday. The consensus estimate is currently 56 cents a share, a drop of 1 cent (1.8%) from 57 cents during the equivalent quarter last year. The average analyst target price for WAG is $38.54. Last quarter Walgreen's earnings release was held on June 19 and the previous closing price was $30.09. Relative to a current price of $35.55, shares are up 18.1%. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 13.7, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 11.6, based on earnings of $3.07 per share this year. Shareholders receive $1.10 annually in dividend payments for a yield of 3.1%. Over the last five years, the dividend has expanded quickly by an average of 23.7% per year. The short interest based on the float is small and not a big concern at 2.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV