BENTONVILLE, Ark., Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- "The holidays are a special time of the year for everyone, and we are ready to help customers have a great shopping experience at Walmart—whether they are looking for the perfect gift or are stocking up for a memorable holiday meal.
"This is our busiest time of the year and we are focused even more on providing excellent service to our shoppers throughout the holiday season. One way we do that is by ensuring our stores are adequately staffed by our associates.
"This year, we will be offering more hours to our existing associates and hiring more than 50,000 seasonal associates to staff our stores. That means when a customer needs help, a Walmart associate will be there to serve them."We know many customers are continuing to struggle as a result of the economy and high unemployment levels, but they have shown us that they're resilient. They're committed to giving their families a memorable Christmas. And, we hope that every customer who shops at Walmart this Christmas will be able to add a few more gifts under the tree. By offering more hours and more jobs, we hope our associates can do the same. "Throughout the holiday season, Walmart will be focused on helping more Americans have the Christmas they want and the Christmas they can afford." - Gisel Ruiz, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Walmart U.S. SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV