Fiscal (July) 2004 Sales: $22 billion
Fiscal 2012 Sales: $46 billionFiscal (July) 2004 EPS: 70 cents Fiscal 2012 EPS: $1.46 >>5 Stocks Pointing to the Right Place at the Right Time It's not clear that telecom equipment giant Cisco (CSCO) ever deserved to be valued at $70 a share, as was the case in early 2000, but the current $19 target seems equally unjustifiable when you consider how much larger Cisco's customer base is these days. What was once a U.S.-focused firm now has a strong presence is dozens of countries. Yet it's the company's balance sheet that should tell you just how cheap this stock is. Cisco sports a market value of $102 billion, but it has $32 billion in net cash. That yields an enterprise value of around $70 million. When you consider that Cisco has generated at least $8 billion in free cash flow in each of the past six years, you begin to realize that this stock is treated as if it's a utility like AT&T (T). Yet Cisco is a leading-edge technology play, with 60% gross margins, 20% operating margins and return on equity that typically exceeds 15%. Cisco's stock may be broken, but the company is far healthier than you might suspect.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV