OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- YRC Freight, a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ: YRCW), announced today nine inductees into the 2012 Driver Hall of Fame as part of National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
YRC Freight honors the following professional drivers who have collectively driven over 25 million accident-free miles:
- Donald Cook – Linehaul Driver, Allentown, PA
- Jerry Cudmore – Retired City Driver, Sioux Falls, SD
- David McDonald – Retired Road Driver, Kansas City, KS
- Thomas Nestler – Driver, Montgomery, IL
- Donald Robinson – Road Driver, Akron, OH
- Bob Seeman – Road Driver, Valdosta, GA
- Richard Shreiner – Road Driver, Harrisburg, PA
- Ray Simon – Retired City Driver, St. Cloud, MN
- Alfred Weddle – Road Driver, Albuquerque, NM
"We salute these outstanding YRC Freight drivers for the tremendous feat they have accomplished and thank them for their continued commitment to providing unparalleled service to our customers," said Jeff Rogers, president of YRC Freight. "These exceptional individuals help YRC Freight to remain one of the safest transportation providers in the industry."
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week honors the 3.1 million professional truck drivers nationwide who log close to 398 billion miles each year and in 2011 delivered 67 percent of the U.S. freight tonnage--or over 9.2 billion tons of freight.For more information about the YRC Freight Driver Hall of Fame, please visit http://www.yrc.com/about/hof/index.html. About YRC FreightYRC Freight, a leading transporter of industrial, commercial and retail goods, specializes in less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping solutions for businesses. Based in Overland Park, Kan., YRC Freight provides comprehensive North American coverage and offers a broad portfolio of LTL services to bring flexibility and reliability to customers' supply chains. For more information, visit www.yrcfreight.com. Web site: www.yrcfreight.comFollow YRC Freight on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yrcfreightFollow YRC Worldwide on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yrcworldwide Media Contact: Suzanne Dawson Linden, Alschuler & Kaplan212-329-1420 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts