MILWAUKEE (AP) â¿¿ Joy Global's Chief Financial Officer Michael Olsen is retiring next year, and the mining equipment supplier has hired a new executive that it expects will replace him.
The company said Friday that James Sullivan is coming on as an executive vice president, and Joy Global expects he will become CFO after the reporting process for fiscal 2012 is complete. The company's financial year ends in October.
Sullivan previously served as CFO of chemical company Solutia Inc.
Olsen's retirement is effective on Feb. 1. He joined the company in 1979 and became CFO in 2008.The Milwaukee company last month cut its guidance for the year as demand slows in China. In its most recent quarter, net income rose 12 percent but was short of analysts' estimates. Joy Global Inc.'s stock added 15 cents to $60.86 in premarket trading. Shares have dropped 19 percent this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV