An early "teardown" of the device performed in Australia by ifixit.com shows big wins for companies such as Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), which has two power amplifiers within the iPhone 5. Skyworks had one power amplifier within the iPhone 4S, according to the gadget Web site.
Avago (AVGO) has a power amplifier module within the new iPhone, along with a duplexer module, increasing its presence within the smartphone. Last year's teardown of the iPhone 4S revealed one of the company's power modules within the device.
Qualcomm (QCOM) provides a power management chip, an LTE modem and an RF Transceiver for the new Apple phone, continuing its strong partnership with Apple. The San Diego-based chipmaker, which is seen as one of the key beneficiaries of the push to LTE, had an RF transceiver in the iPhone 4S, a wireless chip, and a power management chip.TriQuint (TQNT), which also featured in the iPhone 4S, has a power amplifier/duplexer module within the iPhone 5, according to ifixit.com. Broadcom (BRCM) has a touchscreen controller chip within the iPhone 5, while STMicroelectronics (STM) has an accelerometer chip and a gyroscope chip in the phone. Texas Instruments (TXN) has a touch screen chip in the latest iPhone. Hynix provides NAND Flash for the device, while Murata provides a Wi-Fi module and Cirrus Logic (CRUS) provides an audio codec. Apple shares rose 0.72% to $703.6 before market open, while Skyworks was up 3.62% to $24.9. Shares of Qualcomm were up 0.62% to $64.75. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV