ATLANTA, Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced the appointment of Mark Vadon, 42, to the Company's board of directors. Vadon will be a member of the Audit and Finance Committees. His appointment gives the Company 11 directors, 10 of whom are independent.
In 1999, Vadon co-founded Blue Nile, Inc., the leading online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry, and has served as the chairman of its board of directors since its inception. During Blue Nile's history, Vadon has also served as its executive chairman (from 2008 to 2011), chief executive officer (from 1999 to 2008) and president (from 1999 to 2007). Prior to co-founding Blue Nile, Vadon was a consultant for Bain & Company, a management consulting firm, which he joined in 1992. In 2009, Vadon co-founded zulily, Inc., a daily deals site for moms, babies and kids. He serves as the chairman of its board of directors.
"Mark's expertise in developing and implementing successful online strategies will be a benefit to our company and an asset to our board," said Frank Blake, chairman & CEO. "I am pleased to welcome him to the board and look forward to his contributions."The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,250 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2011, The Home Depot had sales of $70.4 billion and earnings of $3.9 billion. The Company employs more than 300,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index . SOURCE The Home Depot
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV