VANCOUVER, Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Commerce Resources Corp. (TSXv: CCE; FSE: D7H; OTCQX: CMRZF) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has engaged Roche Ltd. (Roche) to complete a Pre-feasibility Study (PFS) on the Ashram Rare Earth Element Deposit, located within the Labrador Trough in north-eastern Quebec. Work on the PFS has commenced and is planned for completion in Q4 2013 / Q1 2014.
Roche is an engineering firm with extensive experience in the mining industry in Quebec. They have established a strong background in rare earth project development that is particularly suited to the Ashram Rare Earth Element Deposit. Roche's experience is multi-disciplinary (building, construction, environmental, energy, industrial etc.) and extends through the Feasibility Study (FS) level of mine planning and development with various commodities including rare earth elements, iron ore, base metals, and specialty metals.
Also involved in the PFS, and under the direction of Roche, are the following specialist consulting companies:
- Forchemex Ltd., Consulting Group (Forchemex), a member of the Roche Group, is a consultant group specializing in forestry services. The firm offers services relating to forest road planning and engineering, forest management and operations planning. Forchemex will focus on the road layout from proposed mine site to Kuujjuaq,- Environnement Illimité Inc., is an environmental services company specializing in aquatic ecosystem studies and related biophysical and technical surveys. Environnement Illimité will work directly with Roche to collect and provide all environmental baseline data for the PFS. All metallurgical aspects of the project will continue under the supervision of Hazen Research Inc. (Hazen) of Colorado, USA. Hazen has been involved with the project since April 2011, and is working with UVR-FIA GmbH (UVR) of Germany to further refine the metallurgical flowsheet for the project. Roche representatives will be involved with Hazen and UVR as they work to optimize the flowsheet required for the PFS. The metallurgical work at Hazen will focus on 1.) Improving mineral concentrate grades and recoveries beyond the base case stated in the PEA, 2.) Testing to evaluate the potential for a fluorine based by-product, 3.) Conducting test work to produce a pure rare earth oxide or rare earth carbonate saleable end-product, and 4.) Performing environmental characterization of all mineralized and waste material.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV