NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to losses on Wall Street Monday, following the lead of overseas markets that are trading lower on fears of a shaky global economy.
European shares were trading to the downside, while Asian stocks ended Monday's session mostly lower. Japan's Nikkei 225 index dropped 0.4% to close at 9,069.29. China's Shanghai Composite Index bucked the trend, rising 0.3%.
The economic calendar in the U.S. on Monday includes the Chicago Fed National Activity Index at 8:30 a.m. EDT and the Dallas Fed manufacturing index for September at 10 a.m.
U.S. stocks on Friday finished mixed with the Dow Jones Industrial Average posting its first down week of the month. The Dow fell more than 17 points, or 0.13%, to close at 13,580.
Foxconn, the company that makes Apple's (AAPL)iPhones suspended production at a factory in China on Monday after a brawl by as many as 2,000 employees at a dormitory injured 40 people, The Associated Press reported.
The Canadian Auto Workers union said Sunday that 82% of its Ford (F) members accepted a four-year contract with the U.S. automaker.
Lennar (LEN), the homebuilder, is expected by analysts Monday to post fiscal third-quarter earnings of 28 cents a share on revenue of $1.06 billion.
Software company Red Hat (RHT) is expected to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 21 cents a share on revenue of $322.1 million. Red Hat is expected to issue its earnings after Monday's closing bell.
Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer is expected Tuesday to unveil her strategy for the struggling Internet giant.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV