About The Damage To The Chinese Manufacturing Sites Of The Panasonic Group
The damage to the Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752)("Panasonic") group manufacturing sites caused by the anti-Japan demonstrators in China is as detailed below.
1. Injury to personnelThere were no injuries to personnel.
2. Damage to buildings and equipment, and negative impact on production
(1) Industrial Devices Company, Qingdao factory (manufacturing electronic components such as switches)There was damage to the building, equipment, etc. With safety as a priority, preparations to restart the operations at the factory are underway, but the restarting date is uncertain.(2) Industrial Devices Company, Suzhou factory (manufacturing printed-circuit board materials and printed-circuit boards)Despite some damage to the building, equipment, etc., there was no major damage to production equipment. With safety as a priority, operations at the factory restarted from September 17. (3) Systems & Communications Company, Zhuhai factory (manufacturing fixed-line phone)The factory has stopped operation and employees have stayed at home, since approximately 10 Chinese employees made a protest. The factory is preparing to restart the operations, after ensuring safety. 3. Forecast of effect by the damage to our business performancesForecast of effect by the damage is uncertain at the moment. An announcement will be made promptly if a significant impact on Panasonic's consolidated financial outlook for fiscal 2013 is foreseen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV