This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
The damage to the Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752)("Panasonic") group manufacturing sites caused by the anti-Japan demonstrators in China is as detailed below.
1. Injury to personnelThere were no injuries to personnel.
2. Damage to buildings and equipment, and negative impact on production
(1) Industrial Devices Company, Qingdao factory (manufacturing electronic components such as switches)There was damage to the building, equipment, etc. With safety as a priority, preparations to restart the operations at the factory are underway, but the restarting date is uncertain.
(2) Industrial Devices Company, Suzhou factory (manufacturing printed-circuit board materials and printed-circuit boards)Despite some damage to the building, equipment, etc., there was no major damage to production equipment. With safety as a priority, operations at the factory restarted from September 17.
(3) Systems & Communications Company, Zhuhai factory (manufacturing fixed-line phone)The factory has stopped operation and employees have stayed at home, since approximately 10 Chinese employees made a protest. The factory is preparing to restart the operations, after ensuring safety.
3. Forecast of effect by the damage to our business performancesForecast of effect by the damage is uncertain at the moment. An announcement will be made promptly if a significant impact on Panasonic's consolidated financial outlook for fiscal 2013 is foreseen.