CARMEL, Ind., Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO) ("CNO") announced today the pricing and an increase in size of its previously announced offering of senior secured notes due 2020 (the "Notes"). CNO is increasing the total size of the offering from $250 million to $275 million and also expects to increase the size of its new six-year term loan facility from $400 million to $425 million. The Notes will bear interest at 6.375% per annum, payable semi-annually on April 1 and October 1 and will mature on October 1, 2020. The closing of the offering is expected to occur, subject to customary closing conditions, on September 28, 2012.
CNO estimates that the net proceeds of the offering will be approximately $267 million, after deducting initial purchasers' discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses. CNO intends to use the net proceeds of the offering, together with the borrowings under a $425 million six-year term loan facility and $250 million four-year term loan facility under a new senior secured credit agreement, to (i) repay all amounts outstanding under its existing senior secured credit agreement, (ii) purchase up to all of its outstanding 9.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2018 (the "9.00% Notes") tendered pursuant to CNO's previously announced cash tender and consent solicitation (and to redeem any 9.00% Notes not purchased pursuant to such tender offer), (iii) purchase approximately $200 million aggregate principal amount of its 7.0% Convertible Senior Debentures due 2016 and (iv) pay fees and expenses related to the offering and the transactions described above. Any remaining amounts will be used for general corporate purposes.
The Notes will be senior secured obligations of CNO and will be guaranteed on a senior secured basis by each of CNO's domestic subsidiaries that guarantee indebtedness under CNO's new senior secured credit agreement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV