TORONTO, Sept. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Sears Canada Inc. today is issuing a voluntary safety recall for Newberry TM/MC Girls' 2-pc. Floral-applique Dress and Bolero Set. It has been discovered that the flower attachment on the dress is not secure and can easily come off posing a potential safety hazard.
The Pink Bolero dress set was sold in little girls sizes: 12 months, 18 months and 24 months at Sears Canada retail stores, online at www.sears.ca, and through the Sears Canada catalogue between December 2011 and September 2012. The Sears regular selling price was $39.99. The Sears retail item number is 44835 and the catalogue item number is 55124, and can be found on the customer's receipt.
In the interest of consumer safety, Sears Canada urges customers who have the affected dress to stop children from wearing it and return the dress to their nearest Sears department store for a full refund if accompanied by a receipt of sale or Sears Card statement, or for the lowest selling price without a receipt.
Sears Canada has received no reports of incidents or injuries to date.Sears Canada will be posting signs in all of its retail stores to advise customers of this safety recall. Sears Canada is bringing this matter to the public's attention in the interest of consumer safety and apologizes to its customers for any inconvenience. Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 197 corporate stores, 276 hometown dealer stores, 20 home services showrooms, over 1,500 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 104 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca. SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV