Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MPW) announced today that nine of its acute care hospitals operated by three different tenants have been recognized as Top Performers of Key Quality Measures TM by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is an independent non-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 19,000 hospitals and healthcare organizations. Less than 20% of its accredited hospitals attain the Top Performer level of quality performance.
To earn the prestigious classification, a Top Performer must first achieve performance of 95% or above on a single, composite score that includes all the accountability measures for which it reports data to The Joint Commission. Additionally, the hospital must meet a 95% performance threshold for every accountability measure, which includes heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
The following operators of MPT hospitals were recognized as Top Performers.
- Prime Healthcare Services, for MPT’s Centinela Hospital Medical Center, Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center, Huntington Beach Hospital, La Palma Intercommunity Hospital, Paradise Valley Hospital, Shasta Regional Medical Center and West Anaheim Medical Center and one additional hospital.
- Health Management Associates (NYSE: HMA) for MPT’s Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Missouri and 40 additional hospitals.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE: CYH) for MPT’s Marlboro Park Hospital in South Carolina and 49 additional hospitals.
“This recognition is another example that Medical Properties Trust partners with leading acute care operators who are focused on delivering positive patient outcomes,” said Edward K. Aldag, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO of the Company. “This is a prestigious honor and we congratulate the management and medical staff of these facilities.”More information is provided on the report titled, “Improving America’s Hospitals: The Joint Commission Annual Report on Quality and Safety 2012.” It is available online at www.jointcommission.org. About Medical Properties Trust, Inc. Medical Properties Trust, Inc. is a self-advised real estate investment trust that invests in healthcare assets by acquiring and developing net-leased healthcare facilities. These facilities include inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, regional acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and other single-discipline healthcare facilities, such as heart hospitals and orthopedic hospitals. Medical Properties Trust, Inc. is one of the country’s largest investors in hospital real estate with more than $2.1 billion in assets comprised of more than 80 hospital facilities and other assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV