RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Money magazine has named Raleigh, N.C.-headquartered First Citizens one of the 10 Best Banks in America in its October issue, which is on newsstands now.
First Citizens is one of four institutions from the "Midsize" category included in the top 10, and the magazine singled out the bank for its good checking account options.
"We're honored to receive this recognition. This accolade is a testament to our company's dedication to providing our customers with the quality financial products and services they want from their bank today," said Frank B. Holding Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of First Citizens Bank. "I especially applaud our associates who work diligently to ensure our clients achieve their business and personal goals and who help to make this bank one of the best in the nation."The magazine's 10 Best Banks are broken down into three groupings: National Banks (more than $50 billion in deposits), Midsize/Regional and Specialty Accounts. First Citizens is one of four Midsize/Regional top performers. For its second annual banking survey, Money analyzed banks and looked at data related to deposit size, number of branches, performance in independent customer service studies and checking, savings and CD account terms. The ranking is one more accolade in the First Citizens' collection of multiple national awards, including:
- Ninth-place ranking in Forbes 2012 Best Banks in America ranking
- Second-place ranking in the Southeast Region in J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 U.S. Retail Banking Satisfaction Study
- One of two top winners of 2012 Greenwich Excellence Awards for small business and middle market banking
- Superior Five Star Rating from BauerFinancial Inc. of Coral Gables, Fla. (Bauerfinancial.com)
CONTACT: Barbara Thompson First Citizens Bank 919.716.2716
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts