RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Money magazine has named Raleigh, N.C.-headquartered First Citizens one of the 10 Best Banks in America in its October issue, which is on newsstands now.
First Citizens is one of four institutions from the "Midsize" category included in the top 10, and the magazine singled out the bank for its good checking account options.
"We're honored to receive this recognition. This accolade is a testament to our company's dedication to providing our customers with the quality financial products and services they want from their bank today," said Frank B. Holding Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of First Citizens Bank. "I especially applaud our associates who work diligently to ensure our clients achieve their business and personal goals and who help to make this bank one of the best in the nation."The magazine's 10 Best Banks are broken down into three groupings: National Banks (more than $50 billion in deposits), Midsize/Regional and Specialty Accounts. First Citizens is one of four Midsize/Regional top performers. For its second annual banking survey, Money analyzed banks and looked at data related to deposit size, number of branches, performance in independent customer service studies and checking, savings and CD account terms. The ranking is one more accolade in the First Citizens' collection of multiple national awards, including:
- Ninth-place ranking in Forbes 2012 Best Banks in America ranking
- Second-place ranking in the Southeast Region in J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 U.S. Retail Banking Satisfaction Study
- One of two top winners of 2012 Greenwich Excellence Awards for small business and middle market banking
- Superior Five Star Rating from BauerFinancial Inc. of Coral Gables, Fla. (Bauerfinancial.com)
CONTACT: Barbara Thompson First Citizens Bank 919.716.2716
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV