Also in last week's Mailbag, I mentioned Clovis Oncology (CLVS) as a company I liked after seeing the company present at a recent investor conference. This prompted an email from a buyside investor who's not a fan of Clovis' pancreatic cancer drug CO-101. I'm not allowed to use his name but his comments accurately describe the Clovis bear thesis:
"If you read the published papers, particularly the in vitro and animal data, you can see that this is a sure failure. The Clovis drug
Clovis is expected to announce top-line results from a phase III study of CO-101 in pancreatic cancer before the end of the year.
--Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV