Lone Pine Resources
Lone Pine Resources (LPR) is an independent oil and gas exploration, development, and production company with operations in Canada within the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec and the Northwest Territories. This stock is trading up 18% at $1.75 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.47-$1.8452-Week Range: $1.09-$8.21 Volume: 1.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 861,136 From a technical perspective, LPR is exploding higher here right off some near-term support at $1.50 with heavy volume. This move has pushed LPR above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.54, and it's now flirting with its 50-day moving average of $1.76. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LPR as long as it's trending above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 861,136 shares as bullish. If LPR can maintain its trend above $1.76, then this stock has an excellent chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2 to $2.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV