"We are deeply grateful for the long-standing support of General Motors and Cadillac for the auction. Their generosity, along with that of so many other donors, helps us to increase the numbers of students who can experience the world-class creative education that CCS offers," says College for Creative Studies President Richard L. Rogers. "We are especially excited to hold the event this year at the home of creativity for GM, the GM Design Center, because it resonates so well with CCS's mission and will provide an unforgettable evening for our guests."
The Detroit International Wine Auction includes three levels of participation:
- The Vintner's Private Reception for benefactor-level sponsors and ticket holders is 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the exclusive Cadillac Design Studio. It features the best wine, hors d'oeuvres and auction items, and the opportunity for guests to hear Louzada describe his favorite wines in a more intimate setting. The Vintner's Private Reception is sponsored by Strategic Staffing Solutions.
- The Silent Auction Reception, open to all ticket holders, is 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Design Center's second-floor gallery.
- The Gala Dinner and Auction, featuring wines, exclusive dinners, travel packages and original works of art, is 8 to 10:30 p.m. in the Design Dome. The Grand Lot is a four-day epicurean trip to Spain exploring Madrid and the Toro region, including a limited-edition vertical (2007, 2008, 2009) of Numanthia 5-liter bottles. The five-course dinner is served with wines hand-selected by Louzada.
An afterglow party follows dinner, and is sponsored by the Metro Detroit Cadillac Dealers.
Tickets for "The Art of Wine," the 31 st Annual Detroit International Wine Auction, are $5,000 (Benefactor, includes admission for two to Vintner's Private Reception and Gala Dinner/Auction), $1,500 (Patron, single admission to Vintner's Private Reception and Gala Dinner/Auction) and $500 (Supporter, single admission to Gala Dinner/Auction). Table sponsorships also are available. For more information,visit www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/diwa or contact CCS directly at DIWA@collegeforcreativestudies.edu or 313-664-7464.About CCS The College for Creative Studies (CCS) is an integrated learning community located in Detroit. A private, fully accredited college, CCS enrolls nearly 1,400 students pursuing Master of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees. CCS also offers visual art opportunities for learners of all ages through its Community Arts Partnerships and Continuing Education programs. For more information, visit www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/about About GM Design General Motors Design is the first and largest global automotive OEM design function, with a network of 10 Design Centers in seven countries. More than 1,900 men and women are responsible for the design development of every GM concept and production car and truck globally. The Design Centers are located in the United States, Germany, Korea, China, Australia, Brazil and India. SOURCE General Motors
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts