Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements regarding the Company's expected financial position, business and financing plans are forward-looking statements. The words "believes," "expects," "plans," "intends," "anticipates" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements also include representations of the Company's expectations or beliefs concerning future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including:
- those associated with the effect of national, regional and international economic conditions;
- lowered levels of consumer spending resulting from a general economic downturn or lower levels of consumer confidence;
- the tightening of the credit markets and the Company's ability to obtain capital on satisfactory terms;
- given the uncertain economic environment, the possible unwillingness of committed lenders to meet their obligations to lend to borrowers, in general;
- the performance of the Company's products within the prevailing retail environment;
- customer acceptance of both new designs and newly-introduced product lines;
- the Company's reliance on a few department store groups for large portions of the Company's business;
- the Company's ability to identify acquisition candidates and, in a competitive environment for such acquisitions, acquire such businesses on reasonable financial and other terms;
- the integration of the organizations and operations of any acquired businesses into the Company's existing organization and operations;
- consolidation of the Company's retail customers;
- financial difficulties encountered by the Company's customers;
- the effects of vigorous competition in the markets in which the Company operates;
- the Company's ability to attract and retain qualified executives and other key personnel;
- the Company's reliance on independent foreign manufacturers, including political instability in countries where contractors and suppliers are located;
- changes in the costs of raw materials, labor, advertising and transportation, including the impact such changes may have on the pricing of the Company's products and the resulting impact on consumer acceptance of the Company's products at higher price points;
- the Company's ability to successfully implement new operational and financial information systems; and
- the Company's ability to secure and protect trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
A further description of these risks and uncertainties and other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations can be found in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, including, but not limited to, the Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Disclosure and Item 1A-Risk Factors therein, and in the Company's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, such expectations may prove to be incorrect. The Company does not undertake to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE The Jones Group Inc.