Johnson’s company, SodexoMAGIC, is one of the newest diverse supplier partners at APS. SodexoMAGIC, LLC provides on-site dining and operates the employee cafes at APS.
“In the NBA, I’ve learned what it takes to compete at the highest levels. You need to be committed to excellence and teamwork and have the willingness to get the job done in the face of difficult obstacles. You also need a great coach to provide opportunity and guidance,” said Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SodexoMAGIC, LLC. “APS is a great partner and a great coach. They are committed to providing opportunity and the proper guidance needed for success. Arizona is very fortunate to have a company here that adds so much to the community at large.”
The five award-winning diverse suppliers were recognized in categories that fit with APS’s core values:
- Value-Added Partnership: Bunny’s Inc , a general engineering and construction firm. The company helps the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station carry out safer and more efficient refueling and maintenance outages through its work on the plant’s cooling towers. Contact: Andrea Maxwell, owner, 623-875-1201.
- Alignment with APS Values: EC Source , a leader in engineering, planning and constructing large-scale electric transmission projects. The company played an important role in the construction of a 27-mile transmission line through the developing north reaches of Phoenix. Contact: Brian Bratton, president, 480-218-9711.
- High Performance and Operational Excellence: FNT , a distributor of telecommunications tools, equipment, consulting and supplies. During the past five years, FNT has supplied nearly 3,000 miles of cables for APS. Contact: Jane Dominique, CEO, 602-288-1181.
- Community Involvement: Law Enforcement Specialists , a firm that provides off-duty, armed police officers for security and traffic control work. APS relies on these officers to control traffic while crews work on important infrastructure projects. This helps APS ensure public safety at work sites. Contact: Bonnie Lucas, president and CEO, 623-825-6700.
- Commitment to Sustainability: Ninyo & Moore , a geotechnical and environmental sciences consulting firm. The company, which has grown to more than 400 employees in 15 offices located throughout the west, provides remediation alternatives to construction projects that encounter unexpected challenges such as soft sub-grade soil. These solutions are appropriate from an engineering, cost benefit and project schedule perspective. Contact: Steve Nowaczyk, principal engineer, 602-243-1600 (ext. 6206).
Since the program’s inception in 1992, APS has spent approximately $1.5 billion on women- and minority-owned businesses that provide critical services and products to the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV