Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of home-goods retailer Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) are taking in on the chin Thursday, a move that Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com is a result of the stock's moves after last quarter.
Cramer explained that when Bed Bath last reported, shares fell from $73 a share to just $59, only to rebound back to $70. Now, he said, shares are just correcting from the correction as the company reported decelerating same-store sales this quarter.
When it comes to retail, Cramer said he simply won't touch a company with decelerating same-store sales. With the housing market on the mend, sales at Bed Bath should be improving, he noted, which is why he just "doesn't want it" with so many better retailers out there.Watch the full Cramer interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV