LAKE CHARLES, La., Sept. 20, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. and L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles today announced an $80,000 donation to the National Hurricane Museum & Science Center (NHMSC) via the Pinnacle Entertainment Foundation . This large early pledge to the project, slated for the lakefront in downtown Lake Charles, is earmarked to develop a first of its kind national education initiative.
The National Hurricane Museum & Science Center, as its name suggests, is part museum and part educational center offering interactive and immersive learning experiences to explore the science and impacts of hurricanes. Pinnacle's donation will fund the work of McNeese State University's Burton School of Education to create and promote programs and lesson plans to school systems and educators across the country to inform and inspire students even before the center itself is built.
"We are proud to call Lake Charles home and this donation and early partnership with the National Hurricane Museum reinforces our commitment to making our community a diversified tourist destination," said Geno M. Iafrate, Executive Vice President of Regional Operations for Pinnacle. "What makes this initiative even more exciting is that it will come from collaboration with expert educators at McNeese State University and will have immediate impact while eventually inspiring learning across the entire country."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV