Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. (Aqua) is reminding customers that its Helping Hand assistance program is available to low-income families who find it difficult to pay their water bills.
The Helping Hand program is multi-faceted, offering customers a payment plan to pay down arrears and ensure their water isn’t turned off; an opportunity for customers who make payments on time to earn a monthly credit toward their arrears; and a conservation kit to help customers curb usage and therefore, reduce their bills. The conservation kit includes leak-detection tablets, a low-flow shower head, low-flow aerators for kitchen faucets, and more. Customers who reduce their usage are also reducing their bills, which is particularly important during summer months when demand is traditionally high.
Interested customers can call Aqua at 877.987.2782 to find out if they qualify for Helping Hand, and Aqua will refer eligible customers to a local agency to apply.
Aqua uses the following requirements to determine eligibility:
- The customer’s household income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level;
- the account is more than 21 days past due; and
- the customer has at least $110 in unpaid water bills.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV