ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Darden Foundation showcases its commitments and impacts to the communities it serves through the release of its 2012 Community Service Report: Ready and Willing to Serve. To read the 2012 report in full, please visit http://www.dardenfoundation.com.
The 2012 report outlines milestones achieved in support of Darden Foundation's three key focus areas:
- Access to Postsecondary Education – During fiscal year 2012, Darden Foundation donated nearly $1.9 million through its postsecondary education signature program, Recipe for Success™. The initiative focuses on enabling and empowering underserved youth to pave their own path to success by providing them with access to the tools and information needed to pursue higher education.
- Preservation of Natural Resources – With an aim to further protect wildlife, preserve natural resources and teach environmental sustainability, Darden Foundation partnered with the National Recreation and Park Association to establish the Great American Trails program this year, which will refurbish trails in communities nationwide.
- Good Neighbor – Restaurants in the Darden family contributed more than 10 million pounds of prepared food to local food banks in communities across the U.S. and Canada through the Darden Harvest food donation program. Darden also launched its inaugural Restaurant Community Grants program, donating more than $1.7 million in grants to nearly 900 community-based nonprofits in communities its restaurant brands serve across North America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV