Sept. 20, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Participating Chili's® Grill & Bar restaurants nationwide are making
Monday, Sept. 24
count in a significant way during the brand's annual Donate Profits Day. On this day, Chili's contributes 100 percent of net profits to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®. Every September for National Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Chili's
Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer
campaign offers guests a number of in-restaurant and digital opportunities designed to raise money for St. Jude.
Next Monday is the one day when guests who dine in-restaurant or place a To Go order play an integral role in finding cures and saving children's lives, simply by eating at Chili's. Now in the ninth year of the Create-A-Pepper campaign, Chili's has donated more than
to St. Jude, moving toward accomplishing the brand's
, 10-year commitment to the hospital and its mission of finding cures for childhood cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Once completed, Chili's contribution will be the largest donation from a single partner campaign in St. Jude history.
"Chili's has been an amazing partner and supporter of our mission, and we look forward to the Create-A-Pepper campaign every September," said
Richard Shadyac Jr.
, CEO of ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. "Because of the funds raised through the campaign and on Donate Profits Day, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything, and our families can focus on celebrating life's special moments."
In addition to participating in Chili's Donate Profits Day, guests can contribute to the Create-A-Pepper campaign now through
- Making a donation to St. Jude and coloring a signature chili pepper coloring sheet, which are displayed in restaurants throughout the month;
- Buying a Create-A-Pepper Zipper Pull for only $4*; and
- Purchasing a Create-A-Pepper T-shirt for $12*.
at least 45 percent of the purchase price of each zipper pull and T-shirt sold will be donated to St. Jude.
Utilizing digital initiatives is another way to spread awareness about the campaign. Guests can also:
- Visit the Create-A-Pepper website ( www.createapepper.com) and create a digital coloring sheet to post on Facebook and share with friends and family;
- Donate directly online through a mobile-optimized website hosted by St. Jude ( www.stjude.org/capdonate);
- Sign up for Chili's Email Club to receive exclusive offers, including information about the campaign;
- Receive a calendar reminder to dine in-restaurants on Donate Profits Day through Chili's Email Club and the Create-A-Pepper website;
- Stay informed about the Create-A-Pepper campaign by becoming a fan on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/chilis);
- Visit the new Create-A-Pepper Board on Pinterest ( www.pinterest.com/chilis/create-a-pepper) for patient biographies and campaign-related pictures; and
- Follow Chili's on Twitter ( www.twitter.com/chilis) and use the campaign hashtags, #CreateAPepper and #DonateProfitsDay, to show support for St. Jude!
"Chili's passion is making people feel special, and every September our team members and guests do just that, rallying behind the children of St. Jude to raise money and carry out the hospital's lifesaving work," said
, president of Chili's Grill & Bar. "By simply dining at Chili's and eating their favorite food next Monday, guests everywhere can positively impact a child's life."
To learn more or make an online donation to the campaign, visit
About St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries. The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted solely to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children. St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer
, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life. Join that mission by visiting
or following us on
About Chili's Grill & Bar
Chili's Grill & Bar is the flagship brand of
-based Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Chili's offers a fun, energetic atmosphere and a distinct, fresh mix of grilled American favorites at more than 1,500 locations in 33 countries and two territories. Brinker's wholly-owned restaurant brands include Chili's® Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy®. Brinker also holds a minority investment in Romano's Macaroni Grill®.
Follow news about Chili's on Facebook at
, @Chilis on Twitter and on YouTube at
. For more information, please visit
Each September during National Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Chili's
Grill & Bar kicks off a nationwide fundraiser for longtime charitable partner, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
in an effort to raise
in 10 years to support the St. Jude mission of finding cures and saving children. Throughout the
Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer
campaign, guests at locations nationwide and in
can help support the lifesaving work of St. Jude through several in-restaurant, digital and interactive promotions. For additional information about the campaign, please visit
SOURCE Chili's Grill & Bar