In advance of its participation as a Grande-level sponsor at Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange @ OpenWorld 2012 in San Francisco, Avnet Technology Solutions, a global IT solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today unveiled enhancements to its business development toolset for its Oracle solution provider partners in the U.S. and Canada. The Avnet-exclusive tools are designed to help Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) partners increase their revenue and profitability by identifying Oracle upgrade and upsell opportunities, specializing in high-growth markets, managing demand generation campaigns, and implementing a solutions-driven sales methodology.
“The IT sales cycle has lengthened as executives from the smallest shops to the largest enterprises increasingly demand a solutions-driven approach tailored to their unique business needs,” said Molly Sherwood, director of marketing for Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas, Oracle Solutions group. “Avnet has invested in business development tools to provide our Oracle partners with the resources to overcome this challenge and provide strategic consultation to their customers. Our tools support partners through every step of the sales cycle, from cold calling to upgrading a customer’s infrastructure, with the primary goal of helping partners close deals faster.”
“We rely on our channel members to help us grow,” said Tom LaRocca, vice president, Channel Solutions and Go to Market, Oracle. “The enhancements to Avnet’s tools demonstrate a clear understanding of the resources partners need to identify, pursue and close new business opportunities quickly. With these tools in hand, Avnet’s highly-trained and knowledgeable partners will be able to not only support our installed base, but also extend our reach into additional markets.”
Avnet’s enhanced business development tools for OPN members are designed to complement each other and be used in conjunction with a complete marketing and sales program, significantly accelerating the sales management process. These Avnet-exclusive tools include:
- Demand Resources: Avnet has improved demand generation for its Oracle resellers through an enhanced prospect database for lead nurturing. The database can be used for marketing automation and appointment setting campaigns as well. It is designed to provide partners with higher quality leads in the broader Oracle market.
- Opportunity Bank: This database contains highly-detailed information on the existing IT environment of an OPN partner’s customer base. Opportunity Bank is designed to help Avnet’s partners mine their current customer base for upgrade and upsell opportunities. It provides the information needed for targeted sales calls, including end-of-life data, technology refresh recommendations, product comparisons, opportunity breakdowns and integrated marketing tools. Introduced to the OPN partner community in January 2012, this tool initially focused on hardware and was recently expanded to include software product information to further enable solutions sales.
- Sales Toolkit To Go: Avnet introduced this mobile-enabled tool for OPN hardware and software solution provider partners at Oracle OpenWorld in 2011, and it features a broad range of product, market and best practice information that can be accessed from any mobile device with Web browsing capabilities. The sales toolkit has recently been expanded to provide sales information on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, the Oracle Database Appliance, Oracle’s Pillar Axiom and Oracle’s SPARC T-series servers. It now also provides monthly best practice information to users and access to a monthly webinar focused on closing deals. Due to the success of this mobile toolkit in the U.S. and Canada, it was recently made available to OPN partners in the Middle East, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Under Our Wing: This successful, multi-year Avnet program has continually expanded in new ways to help Oracle OPN partners obtain their OPN Specialization. In particular, Avnet recently introduced a series of Oracle Exadata Database Machine boot camps. Throughout these three-day expert instructor-led workshops, partners receive a combination of lectures and hands-on operation with Oracle Exadata Database Machine. Attendees leave with a thorough understanding of how Oracle Exadata Database Machine technology achieves its high performance and how to implement best practices for the Oracle Exadata Database Machine platform. Following the first two boot camps Avnet held, all attendees became Oracle certified in Oracle Exadata Database Machine implementation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV