Few technology companies continue to deliver communication devices that introduce new innovations year after year quite like Plantronics (NYSE: PLT). Whether you’re a smartphone junkie, mobile professional, commuter, music enthusiast, or looking to go pro in gaming, Plantronics had you covered in 2012, and today it adds to the lineup with the new Marque 2™ headset.
As the perfect companion for smartphone enthusiasts, Marque 2, Plantronics’ smallest and lightest weight headset, lets you listen to music or stream audio and Internet radio – all while managing calls without pressing buttons – just say “Answer” or “Ignore.” Dual microphones reduce noise and wind for clear and crisp call quality. Free apps from Plantronics enhance the Marque 2 experience even further. And, its new DeepSleep™ power‐saving mode means your Marque 2 is always ready when you are with up to 11 hours of talk time, 16 hours of standby or 150 days in hibernation mode.
Innovative Plantronics devices delivered in 2012 include:
- Voyager Legend – The Next Generation of an Iconic Communications DeviceVoyager Legend™ is the newest headset in the award-winning Voyager® family and delivers unsurpassed audio clarity and all‐day comfort for the mobile professional. Combining triple‐mics that cancel noise and wind, voice commands, and Smart Sensor™ technology, Voyager Legend understands how and when you want to talk. Sensors react when you put the headset on, letting you quickly take a call without a click. If you’re already wearing it, Voyager Legend announces who is calling and waits for you to say “answer” or “ignore.” Simply tap the voice command button and ask to check battery level, connection status, and more. Voyager Legend is the smartest Bluetooth® headset available.
- M25/55 – The First Headset with up to Five Months Battery LifeThe M25™ and M55™ headsets feature Plantronics’ new DeepSleep TM mode that lets the headset stay charged for up to five months, so it’s ready when you want to hear music, listen to podcasts or simply place and take calls. DeepSleep TM technology activates when the headset is away from your phone for more than 90 minutes. When the phone and headset are back in range, you just tap the Call button to “wake” the headset up. This feature is ideal for users that often leave their headset in the car and ensures that the device is ready when they are.
- BackBeat GO – Discrete Wireless Earbuds for Music, Calls and MoreThe BackBeat® GO boasts the ideal combination of style, premium sound, comfort and convenience all with the simplicity of wireless earbuds. Made for use with smartphones, tablets and MP3 players, the Bluetooth® enabled earbuds are extremely compact and lightweight. The BackBeat GO includes deep, rich, stereo sound, noise reduction technology for improved call clarity and inline controls that allow you to take calls, skip tracks, and adjust volume all at your fingertips.
- GameCom Commander – Headset Designed and Built for Professional GamersVictory is yours with the tournament-ready Plantronics® GameCom Commander™ PC headset. With its closed-ear design and unmatched noise isolation, audio, and voice technology, the GameCom Commander shuts out distractions while immersing you in 7.1 Dolby® stereo surround sound. The noise-canceling, ruggedized microphone guarantees that your team hears every mission-critical word. Super-durable, lightweight components keep you comfortable for the long-haul. Need to switch from your PC to a smartphone or other mobile device? QuickDisconnect™ adapters let you switch without missing a beat. Custom features like a laser-etched, limited edition serial number and customizable headband identity patch make the GameCom Commander uniquely yours.
Software and Apps:
- Find MyHeadset – Free App Allows You to Find Your Plantronics Headset FastThis Android app is designed to help Plantronics customers locate their missing headsets. Regardless of whether the headset is on or off, charged or not, recently missing, or lost for weeks, Find MyHeadset™ offers people two unique ways to find their Plantronics device. Send a Tone plays a tone on any powered on and connected Plantronics headset that enables the customer to hear where their device is hiding. The BackTrack™ feature displays the date, time and Google-mapped location of the last several headset events recorded by the phone. Customers can retrace their steps to remember the last location where they used their headset.
- InstantMeeting – App Connects You to Conference Calls with Just One ClickDesigned to ease the pain of remembering dial in numbers, conference codes and leader PINs, the InstantMeeting™ app identifies conference calls in your calendar and then prompts you to access the call with a single push of a button. The app works with Android, BlackBerry® and iPhone smart phones as well as Microsoft Lync® or Skype™ with Outlook®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV