MILWAUKEE, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When the winter storms arrive later this year, two new engines from Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) will help homeowners clear their driveways and walkways of unwanted snow – even in temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit. The new 750 Series™ and 950 Series™ engines for snow blowers deliver the power, performance and easy, dependable starting that homeowners demand in harsh winter months.
Four out of five consumers who bought a snow blower in 2011 felt that it is "extremely important" to have a snow blower that's easy to start according to PowerPulse™, an annual consumer survey on outdoor power equipment. The new Briggs & Stratton 750 Series™ and 950 Series™ engines are built with a freeze-resistant recoil starter and a Magnetron ® electronic ignition to deliver quick, reliable starts time after time. Of the 405 consumers surveyed, more than one in three snow blower buyers choose Briggs & Stratton as their most preferred brand of snow engine - over twice the preference of the second most selected brand.
"The new 750 Series and 950 Series snow engines have the necessary power to cut through wet, heavy snow," said J.P. Benjamins, product marketing manager for Briggs & Stratton. "We wanted to make snow clearing an easier task for consumers. Briggs & Stratton has built a really durable engine with great convenience features such as a mitt-grip handle for easier starting and an extra-large fuel tank for more running time. These engines will help deliver on that promise."The 750 Series™ and 950 Series™ engines deliver 7.5 ft. lbs. and 9.5 ft. lbs. of gross torque power*, more than enough to clear a snow-filled driveway or sidewalk. Here are some key attributes of the new engines:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV